Saturday, January 14, 2012

I can do hard things!

It's 6:19 and I have no idea what to make for dinner. We have like mounds of leftover white rice from when I made some tortilla things the other day, and then even more white rice from some chinese take out from Robert's surgery.

Oh by the way Robert had surgery yesterday. More details to come.

But as I'm sitting here wanting to whine and moan about what to cook for dinner I think to myself, "Self, don't whine. Robert hates it when you whine. And he should! Because whining is pointless. Am I whining because deciding what to make, shopping for said food, and cooking the food in a way that is delicious is HARD? Do I whine about HARD THINGS? NO! Because I CAN DO HARD THINGS!"

Yes, the famous "I can do hard things" quote came to mind. That quote was more developed than simply said while my classmates and I studied in New Zealand for a semester. It was two (2) years ago today that we touched down in the NZ. I never really gave a clear, concise account of my travels so if I can I think it would be fun to document on the bloggy blog over the next few months where I was two years ago.

Today, Air New Zealand flight #5 arrived in Auckland at 5:30am (local time). The Advanced group, namely Brad and Sandy (the instructors), Holly and Adam (2nd in command to Brad and Sandy), and a few student that went a week early to learn to drive the vans, met us at the airport with the vans and trailer. (p.s. I guess I'm putting off dinner. Sorry Robert, I promise I love you.)

Holly and Adam,
Van and trailer.




We drove to Rotorua, to our reservation at Waiteti Trout Stream Holiday Park.
Okona Cres Ngongotaha, Rotorua
 Tent city is erected.
 This little stream lead to the lake. And I canoed that stream alone for about 30 minutes. It was so thickly surrounded by vegetation and birds. It was one of the magical moments of my life :)
 Shallow for a longs ways. Great for frisbee.
Starting the first night we had evening devotionals, and Jeff and I led this one. As you can tell by my cheek, we passed around CANDY! YES!

That is it. Short and sweet.

Now I'll, uh, make dinner.

No comments: