Sunday, December 25, 2011

The "Manor" of Happiness

manor |ˈmanər|
noun (also manor house)
a large country house with lands; the principal house of a landed estate.

chiefly historical (esp. in England and Wales) a unit of land, originally a feudal lordship, consisting of a lord's demesne and lands rented to tenants.
historical (in North America) an estate or district leased to tenants, esp. one granted by royal charter in a British colony or by the Dutch governors of what is now New York.

I am obsessed with our apartment.
I love it. I love sitting on our couches, looking at the stark white walls, playing with the long navy blue curtains, imagining incredible designs for our puny bathroom, using our black stove, wiping down our orange table, feeding Fred, shining the wood floors. I love sitting with Robert and listening to music through our new speaker.

Although our home is just a little Tree House, it is a Manor among tree houses. And after changing the little sub-title caption thing to one of my favorite scripture from the Book of Mormon, 2 Nephi 5:27 "And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness," I found it appropriate to change it again.


The Manor of Happiness.


So clever. I think I'll write a book about it. Until then, ooo and aww at our many mini Christmas decorations.


Fred made a new friend.



As Charlotte would say, "Two Nomen!"

From the moment we laid eyes on this tree we knew it was the one. We even got a discount because it was so scrawny.


My favorite part of our Christmas tree was not the lights or the ornaments, but the wee pine cones. 

 To put the pine cone in perspective; My ring. 
 

A most joyous snowman. Happiest pillow ever. 
 

More snowmen!


 Tacky looking lights that foster Christmas spirit.
 We, uh, had to just wrap lights up the center of our tree because the limbs didn't support the light. :)

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oh, now that's just stinkin' adorable. I love your place, too.