Thursday, January 28, 2010

DAY TWO: Rotorua


Woke up cozy and warm at 5:00 a.m. Julianne and I went to the lake to watch the sun rise but she ended up leaving before it came up. Breakfast duty. Luckily Monica stayed till about 6:15 and watched it with me. It was pretty good. Kinda trippy, the sun rises in the west…

Today I did a thing called Sledging, which is pretty much white water rafting on a heavy duty boogie board. I banged my knees up on the first rapid but made sure not to do it again, since I’ve been sporting some pretty sweet bruises on my knees for it. We were on old battle grounds where people’s bodies had been buried, so our guides chanted a prayer to the ancestors before we started. After that it was a lot of kicking, screaming, choking, blinking, and F.U.N. !

Later that day we went to something called Mitai. It was kind of like a luau but more focused on history. We saw a lot of cool stuff but more importantly ate a lot of good food!

No comments: