Thursday, January 28, 2010

DAY THREE: Rotorua to Hamilton


Up, fed, packed, and on the road by 8:00 a.m.
Drove to Hamilton and hiked Mount Maungarui. It was very similar to hiking the Y; steep, rocks and dirt, switchbacks (kind of sounding like any other hike but you know what I mean). We ran when we could breathe, walked when we couldn’t, and took pictures moments before cardiac arrest. Nah it wasn’t that hard, but steeper than the Y… and like one thousand times more beautiful. Don’t get me wrong, I love Utah, everyone knows I’ll always back Utah up, but that just shows how beautiful it was here.


After the hike we hit the beach for about an hour and it was glorious. Made sandwiches for lunch and hurried to camp where we had 15 minutes before we needed to get back on the road to go to the temple. Let me tell you, I don’t like feeling dirty when I go to the temple (odd, I know) but I was one of the few who was lucky enough to rinse off in the shower…without washing my hair. Bleh. That font had better be heavily chlorinated.

My group (4) is in charge of food for tomorrow so we went to the grocery store and took Carly to the hospital while we were at it. Poor Carly woke up with swollen legs and it’s spreading to her arms haha. I laugh because she’s ok and it’s funny to tell about now but it was kinda scary then. Also, when we got back to the temple, I set up mine and Julianne’s tent in my Sunday clothes. I’m so cool.
 
  
  
 

No comments: