Thursday, January 28, 2010

DAY FOUR: Hamilton


We slept in today! 7:30 a.m.! I rubbed my eyes and forgot that two days ago I burned my eye lids. Ouch. I take great pride in the fact that I HAVE been wearing sunscreen daily and don’t have any weird red tan lines and burns but for my eye lids. I fell asleep outside after sledging while waiting for the rafting part of our group to be done and my eyelids got too much sun ha.

Went to church at a singles ward today. Sang a duet with Julianne. Don’t know how I got talked into that. A member of the bishopbric shamelessly pushed the opportunity for a free green card. “If you see something you like, go for it.” Church was good, it’s the same wherever you go. Afterwards there was a little mix and mingle (to be said like Deverll in The Singles Ward) and one particularly awkward yet forward guy got about ten girls email address. I’ll be excited to see how this all plays out.

We went to the temple again today but got to spend time walking the grounds and visiting the visitors center, and appropriate thing to do to a visitor’s center; visit it. Anyway, I was keeping an eye out for Blake since his mission is nearby when a mission president came right up to me and asked, “Is there a Christina Naegle in your group?” It was NOT a message from Blake, but something better...a “hello” from my Aunt Cristy! He, President Marion, is the President at the MTC there and had spoken to her just a few days before! It was so good to get that little hello since I had not spoken to or heard anything from my family yet. We stayed there and watch a really good documentary on Matthew Cowley.

Got back and I headed our dinner group, barking orders at everyone ;) Then we watched some LOTR because our holiday park had a tv! Rusty talked about the preferred chest size of his future wife and then we all went to bed on that happy note!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

ohhhh rusty...what a gem! hahaha