Wednesday, August 22, 2012

July Part II

Just last year I was able to add another reason to my long list of why July is the best month.

At the time I was not happy, but a year later I am happy to take the Best Month to remember my Grandpa Naegle. He passed away on the 24th of July and his funeral was on my birthday, which caused me to forget all about my birthday that year and I am forever stuck wondering if I am 21 or 22. Or now I wonder if I am 22 or 23. I hope I can get over this. . .

This year, Robert's Grandpa Mangum passed away July 14th, and his funeral was the 21st.

He wished to be buried in Bicknell, Utah. I didn't even know there was such a place as Bicknell in Utah and expected, I admit, a dull weekend in some podunk town.

Well, I was wrong.

Part of the reason why I was wrong is Robert's family refuses to be bored, and they find adventure where they can.

 Bubbles and Fat Boys at the funeral in honor of Grandpa Mangum's cheerful personality.
 Finding where Grandpa grew up and visiting the fish hatchery. Turned out to be really interesting.

 The other reason is...Bicknell is full of adventure!
 Near Capitol Reef, Bicknell is beautiful. Can you see Robert? :)
 Robert had a good time and all the younger cousins thought he was so cool. Well, he is.


We got home from Bicknell on Monday the 23rd and the 4 of us went to the 24th of July Parade in Salt Lake. Pretty good. Then we headed over to City Creek! I had not been yet and for some reason I was having the time of my life.  I don't even like shopping but I was giddy to finally be a part of It.

No comments: